Perfect Mommy Diary

Friday, July 24, 2009

A special summer

This year we're having a very special summer so far. Everyone I met started conversation by commenting how weird this summer is. It doesn't feel summer at all, most of the days are between 50s to 70s, you never need AC but need a sweater when it's getting dark. I'm not complaining a cool summer, just feel a little disappointed that you can't do much of water play, no summer dresses, no even craving ice cream. I'm also worrying about a possible cold winter. I'm not ready for fall yet, just give us a couple hot days to set up sprinkler and cook and eat outside at backyard.
With this weird summer, our garden, however grows pretty well this year. So far we have steady supply of green onions, cilantro and leek, which I use almost everyday. We also are having lots cucumbers and zucchinis since late June. Beans are ready to eat, too. I'm looking forward to tomatoes and peppers soon.
With tons of cucumbers and zucchinis everyday, I must find some fun way consume them. I so far made 3 cans of cucumber pickles. These zucchini recipes look nice and worth a try.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home